Large amounts of alcohol taken in a short space of time can lead to alcohol poisoning. This means that the major organs in the body can be prevented from working properly. For example, if you drink too much alcohol your breathing can slow down or even stop or you could choke on your own vomit.
Some signs of alcohol poisoning
- Not responding to being spoken to or to touched
- Having a slow or abnormal pulse rate
- Having seizures brought on by alcohol
- Having cold, sweaty skin and/or changes to skin tone
- Slow and shallow breathing
How to Avoid Alcohol Poisoning:
- Drink one alcoholic drink per hour
- Drink lower strength drinks
- Don’t mix drinks
- Eat before you drink alcohol
- Avoid drinking games
If you think someone has alcohol poisoning dial 999.