First Aid is help given to someone who is injured or seems ill, before the emergency medical services arrive. People may need first aid for a variety of reasons. If you know how to give first aid, you could prevent them from further harm or even save a life!
If you think someone has had too much alcohol or is at risk of alcohol poisoning:
- Check that they are breathing properly
- Place them in the recovery position
- Keep them warm
- Call an ambulance – dial 999
- Do not give them anything to eat or drink
- Stay with them, talk to them and keep them calm
Never leave a drunk friend alone!